Monday, December 17, 2007

Dear Government Official Running for Office

I'd like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to schedule to record some message and hooking up a phone dialer to call me the most inconveient times of the day. 11-12 is not a good time for me to listen to your little message about why my vote for you is important. Why you ask? At that point in my day I'm wrestling two children to eat their lunch with out rubbing it in their hair, painting the table or whatever else they try to do with peanutbutter and fluff sandwiches.
I do thank you that you have stopped calling during this time.

However 6pm is no better. Why you ask? Well at that point my youngest is beginning to get antsy about going to bed. My hardworking DH is on his way home and I'm trying to keep the peace until he arrives. I'm cleaning up from dinner, and listening to your recorded message is very low on my priority list. Instead we are watching for daddy to drive in the driveway, and wiping up spilled milk, and vegetables before they get further smushed on the floor.

So you wonder when is a convenient time to call? 1:30 pm. All children are in bed, ASLEEP. Lunch has been cleaned up. I have had a moment to gather my thoughts and enjoy the quiet.


And if you're lucky...I've shut the phone off and am napping so you can just leave me a very LONG message as opposed to me just hanging up on you.

No comments: