Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Free Stuff

Everyone loves free stuff. I know I do. This week I got $80 worth of Tastefully Simple Products for forty cents plus shipping. Yes folks FORTY CENTS plus shipping ($8.94) How you ask? By hosting a kick-butt party! I knew hosting one before Christmas/Thanksgiving would be a good idea because people would be thinking about their Christmas lists and what they could buy for who. Also I invited a few people who I knew that their cupboards would be empty of Tastefully Simple Products and would need to restock. So my friends let me share what I purchased for FORTY CENTS!!!!!


Garlic Garlic
Ginger Teriyaki Ranch Dressing
Go! Go! Asiago Dip Mix
Honey Teriyaki Sauce
Mild Red Pepper Dip
Raspberry Divine Dessert Sauce
Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread ~ this is actually a gift for someone!!
Thai Tango Mild Peanu Sauce
Twisty Grahams
Vidalia Onion Dressing

Plus I had two people book parties SO I got a GREAT bread baker! How is that for cool!

Which now brings me to my groceries. I try my hardest to save $$ on groceries. I clip coupons, shop sales, plan menus and more. This past weekend I started my grocery shopping. The list is long so hold on:
At Shaws:
4lbs Bananas
Celery Bunch
18lb turkey *
Kalamata Olives
2 Boxes of Keebler Cinnamon Grahams *
town House crackers *
Lg can of beans
Peppermint Extract (need to start the Christmas baking)
Uncle Bens Wild Rice *
4 Yoplait Whips Yogurts *
8th Continent Soy Milk *
Fleishmans Yeast ~ 2 pks *
Woman's Day mag
Original Total: $68.45
Minus Coupons $4.15 (starred items minus the turkey)
Prefererred Savings ~ 17.94
Store Coupons $ 24.15 ~ I saved "turkey points" and got $20 off!!!
Total Paid $22.21

Hannaford
2 2-pk of sponges *
Maine Sunday Telegram
4 Ziploc Container Packages (need something for the leftovers!!)*
Blue Bonnet Marg
4 Hannaford Chicken Broth
Parm Cheese
2 dozen eggs
OJ
Hannaford Vanilla Soy Milk
2 Raisin Swirl Breads*
3 5lb bags of Pillsbury flour * (with the coupon this was cheaper than the store brand!!)
Bottle of Wine for basting the turkey
3 lg cans of plum tomatoes
Face stuff
Baby Carrots for snacking
2-1/2 lbs of banana's (we go thru a lot of these!)
Leeks ~ again for the turkey
Pomegranate
5lb bag of potatoes
1/2 lb of bay scallops
Original Total: $75.94
Coupon Savings/Store Savings $.20
Total I Paid $69.74

So my friends I got $144.39 worth of groceries for $91.95!!! And this is for 2 weeks worth of meals (well minus bananas. I'll have to go get more of those). I was SO excited! Yeah I had to go to 2 stores, but for this trip it was WELL worth it!


And then if you add in my Tastefully Simple products that's even more! Ah yes, a good week for shopping in this house!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This impresses me more than anything else I think... well perhaps the well behaved children runs a darn close 2nd :) ~ Julia