Friday, February 16, 2007

Romance is what got us here to begin with....

I had great plans for Valentines day.... The day started off with heart shaped homemade doughnuts. YUMM. I set out to work on them - except they were coming out horribly. I forgot the Baking Powder. Thankfully I had only tried to cook 3 of them so back into the mixer they went, added the baking powder and viola. Well at that point I really don't want to roll them ALL back out again. So I roll out a portion and cut into hearts ~ the rest end up as doughnut holes. Emma ate just one...not feeling well. No problem right? WRONG. Her nose starts running, she starts coughing and then her fever starts. AAHH This is not supposed to be happening! I give her some cold meds & tylenol and she lays down for her afternoon nap. She wakes up and is 'ok'. She should be going to bed early - so I start on our nice dinner. She is set up on the couch with a movie, and Sam is sleeping. Not in the plan but we're going with the flow right? D & I sit down to a WONDERFUL dinner of Seafood Alfredo (all prepared at home thankyouverymuch), and warm bread. Two bites into our nice dinner and Emma starts yiffing. LOVELY. We both jump up to deal with her. Get her all cleaned up and situated and wash our hands ~ to hear Sam crying from his bed...he's awake. I say 'so much for romance' when my husband kisses me on the cheek and replies 'romance is what got us here to begin with'....

No comments: