Saturday, June 30, 2007

The beach!

This mornig we got up and went to the beach with lovergirl and buddy. Lovergirl didn't *really* get where we were going until we arrived there. She was out of her seat so fast and yelling "I see the water, I see the beach" She was one HAPPY girl. She actually went in the water this year. We jumped waves (which btw - are COLD in June in Maine!) splashed around a bit, made sand castles and enjoyed being together.
Buddy on the other hand was not so impressed. He likes sand. He likes water. He likes birds. He likes the combination of all three. He was just tired. He's in the process of outgrowing his morning nap and it's a nightmare. If he sleeps for more than say 45 min he won't nap in the afternoon. At ALL. Generally speaking he can nap every other morning and we can deal with it. So seeing he napped yesterday and he MUST nap tomorrow morning before church we skipped this morning. He fussed at the beach. He didn't like the cold water. He & I went for a walk and snuggled. He liked watching everyone. I found a pretty piece of sea glass. He ate sandy graham crackers. He dropped his paci more than once on the beach. We got some cute pics of the kids in their bathing suits playing.
Sometime in August we're going to go to Ferry Beach State park for the WHOLE morning and lunch with our sunshade. First though I need buddy to not fuss while we're there because he's tired.

This afternoon they seem to be taking pretty good naps....ha ha ~ lets face it. They're T-I-R-E-D!!
Tonite D is going to help me get some sit-ups in on the ball after my work out on the elliptical. I'm toning my legs, but need to work on that belly again. I miss doing pilates :(

Tomorrow is church and Monday brings D's 7-day stint at work. *sigh*. It's going to be a long week. I'm trying to get prepared for it. The paycheck will be wonderful, but I'm sure I'll be at wits end a week from now. We're also just over a week from Sam's surgery. I'm not looking forward to this, but it needs to happen now. Sooner is better than later. Just the thoughts of him being put-out aren't fun to me. Well really who would find that fun? No one...that's what I thought.

No comments: